I have ever heard this quote:
Instead of saying “I will be happy IF…”, it would be better if we say “I will be happy EVEN THOUGH …“
Let me give some examples:
This what we usually say either to ourselves or to anyone:
- “I will be happy if I get a handsome, rich guy. “
- “I will be happy if I get a job in a prestigious company with a high salary.”
- “I will be happy if I am a famous football player/ dancer/ actor.”
- etc… which it will be an endless list
What makes us happier is when we are able to say these things, such as:
- “I will be happy even though my boss is quite demanding that he gives me lots of criticisms. It is much better to hear the truth than to hear that my work is good but in the end of the project he would say my idea is bad.”
- “I will be happy even though every time it rains, it leaks on my ceiling of my house. At least I still have a house.”
- “I will be happy even though my family only eat this simple dish not like others who always have a luxurious and tasty dish.”
I have watched TV programs about some, poor people who are struggling with their unbelievable hard work without complaints to support their family and also students who have to walk for miles across a wide river to go to school because there is no bridge accessible from their home to school.
Life is tough but for those who always do their best and be thankful it would be fruitful.
Be happy..for everything we have…for the people who are around us…for every happy and sad moment that God allows us to have.
Let me make it more simple… Just be happy. (period)
“Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.”
“People are often unreasonable and self-centered. Forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, people may accuse you of ulterior motives. Be kind anyway.
If you are honest, people may cheat you. Be honest anyway.
If you find happiness, people may be jealous. Be happy anyway.
The good you do today may be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway.
Give the world the best you have and it may never be enough. Give your best anyway.
For you see, in the end, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway.”
― Mother Teresa